It’s time to knuckle down to some work or study. Give yourself a head start with a conducive working environment. Norsu Interior’s Kristy Sadlier gives us her best tips for creating a great work desk.
KEEP IT SEPARATE
It’s often too easy to set up camp at the kitchen bench or dining table, but dedicating an exclusive area in the home for work will guarantee more productivity and less distraction.
MAKE IT COMFORTABLE
Investing in a quality chair that is comfortable and ergonomically aligned to the desk will allow you to enjoy spending time at your workspace.
KEEP IT CLUTTER FREE
Piles of paper, empty coffee cups and unnecessary objects will distract you and consume unnecessary thoughts. Start with a clean slate each work day.
PERSONALISE WITH STYLISH OBJECTS
Add a few styling essentials such as a marble or brass canister for your pens, a small indoor plant, and some inspiring quotes or prints on the wall to create a more creative, enjoyable space.
DON’T FORGET LIGHTING
Ensuring your workspace is well lit is critical. Position yourself near a window for natural light, and use a lamp on darker days or evening sessions to combat eye fatigue, especially if using a computer.
- Prints, House of Beatniks Moln prints, from $109; Martin Moore Succulent #2 print, from $59. H&G Designs Grid Mood Board, $149.
- Ivy Muse plant shelf, from $330. Globe West Ascot desk, $945. Ferm Living brass pot, $39. All from Norsu Interiors.
- Hay chairs, red and white, and Hay desk accessories, all from CULT.
- Lindholdt Petite Machine lamp, from Fred International.
- Norsu Interiors norsu.com.au
- Designer Boys Collection designerboyscollections.com
- Jardan jardan.com.au
- kikki.K kikki-k.com
- Officeworks officeworks.com.au
- Thonet thonet.com.au
- top3 by design top3.com.au