Rockabye, baby, the world’s your design oyster. Few rooms are as awww-inspiring, pleasing and nurturing as the nursery.
Practically anything cute and soothing goes. Here are the latest trends, according to online retailer Nathan + Jac.
1. Steer clear of gender-based decorating. It’s out of date and unnecessary to be constrained by blue for boys, pink for girls and “yellow for a surprise”. And neutral doesn’t have to mean all whites and creams. Make your baby’s space unique.
2. Invest in smart furniture that can grow up with your bub. We love the Ava Lifestages Cot by Plyroom because it’s three pieces of furniture in one – a cot, a bed and a desk.
3. Happy babies equal happy parents. No one says happy quite like Rachel Castle. Her colourful range of cushions, cot bedding, throws and artwork inject instant fun.
4. Layers and texture are crucial: Sheepskins, fluffy rugs, throws, blankets, and textural cushions not only create a safe play zone for babies to roll around, but also make midnight feeds more comfortable.
5. Don’t forget to add plants to your nursery. The benefits of styling with greenery far surpass aesthetics alone; including assisting with breathing, helping to deter illness, clean the air and boost healing.
- Nathan + Jac nathanjac.com.au
- Annabel Trends annabeltrends.com
- Chibebe chibebe.com.au
- Grazia and Co graziaandco.com.au
- Little Earth Nest littleearthnest.com.au
- Lorraine Lea lorrainelea.com
- Luum luum.com.au
- Norsu Interiors norsu.com.au
- Pottery Barn Kids potterybarnkids.com.au
- Wall Art Prints wallartprints.com.au