More Fashionology perfection!
Fashion’s most useful chameleon is also its most maligned, too often styled for daily dull when its expressive potential is all about power, grace, modernity, and don’t-mess-with-me cool.
- Boxy, slim, shapely or loosely tailored – a true basic fit is key to corporate chic
- White is the new code for women in power – otherwise check that your suit can be split to work with your existing wardrobe
- Ditto for sober classics in black and navy – buy with your wardrobe in mind for maximum versatility
- Keep suits impeccably groomed, scrupulously clean – the message of corporate power, cocktail glamour or street cool will be snuffed by a few flecks of fluff
Carla Zampatti’s cream crepe kinked waist jacket, $869, and classic flat-front pants, $499, can switch up from corporate elegance to cocktail chic with a few cunning adjustments involving a top, a scarf, a jewel or three.
LOOK WHAT I FOUND
This flawless Emporio Armani wool silk pant suit is dressable for corporate wear but stripped back here to minimal silver button and bare decollete essentials by Italian actor Margareth Made.
- Jacket $1200
- Pant $720
- Cashmere coat $3200
Insta-sensation and art director of concept store Kabuki Paris Elena Halimi ramps the pantsuit to six-cylinder frills at Milan Fashion Week.
- Mate Target’s black edge-to-edge blazer, $49, with its slim 7/8 pant, $39; care for them fastidiously, accessorise with silk and spike stilettos and no one will ever know. target.com.au
- Topshop black cigarette trousers, $69.95, and matched double-breasted jacket, $139.95; well-priced, sharply tailored chic. au.topshop.com
- Missguided side curve lapel blazer is cut and buttoned for a deep waistline kink, $77.95. Pair with a cigarette pant, $55.95, or tall-fit wide-leg casuals, $33.95. missguidedau.com