With only the green space of Finns Reserve across the road, this house has uninterrupted views of parkland stretching to the banks of the Yarra River.
The outlook is best admired from the main bedroom downstairs and from the full-width verandah upstairs.
Fast facts: 18 Union Street, Templestowe Lower, 3107
- Hocking Stuart: 9842 1188
- Price: $1.25 million +
- Private sale
- Templestowe Lower: 16 kilometres from the city
- Two-storey, brick-veneer house on 428 square metres; rendered exterior walls
- Colorbond roof; tile and carpet flooring; commercial-grade window frames; double-glazed windows
- Three large bedrooms, all with walk-in wardrobes; Caesarstone bench tops in kitchen and laundry
- Walk-in pantry; study; powder room; roofed patio; full-width upstairs verandah; synthetic lawn
- Mains gas barbecue; zoned, ducted heating/cooling; security system with video intercom to front gate
- Decked spa; views to Finns Reserve; close to schools, shops, bus services and Main Yarra Trail bicycle track
- Easy access to Eastern Freeway and EastLink
Find out more about this property and others in Templestowe Lower here.
The house is designed to reflect its setting. Gumleaf-green window frames and cultured stone (as seen in the external wall by the porch and the internal wall of the entry) bring touches of the outside into the house.
There is much to be admired at this property. All three bedrooms are large and have walk-in wardrobes. The main bedroom has a walk-through wardrobe leading to a marble en suite with fully tiled walls and frameless glass shower.
The two bedrooms upstairs share a bathroom with basins, toilet, bath and shower in their own domains – a stylish and convenient arrangement.
The two upstairs bedrooms also share a large sitting area that extends to a covered verandah which in one direction overlooks parkland and, in the other direction, has exterior stairs leading down to the back garden.
This is a very private backyard, which has a paved, covered patio, a deck with a spa and high fence edged with neat garden beds. As both the outdoor entertaining area and back garden open into the main living space of the house, it is easy to imagine lots of indoor-outdoor entertaining.
The Caesarstone kitchen with 2-pac white cabinetry, a large walk-in pantry and a passageway to the laundry is at the heart of the house.
“I like the kitchen to be next to the laundry,” the vendor says. “This is my work station.”
It is an all-white work station that shares space with the family lounge and dining area with tinted, double-glazed, floor-to-ceiling glass doors and panels looking out to the organised, if not totally organic, backyard.
High, raked ceilings, a gas open fireplace and built-in display alcove are stylistic touches in this great-looking family zone.
There is a lot of storage built in, too. Even the hallway leading from the main door to the living area has display shelves and floor-to-ceiling cupboards on one side. On the other side is a sleek white wall segmented by the stairwell.
This is a house built with state-of-the-art finishes. It meets the requirements of a couple with two millennials (who have since moved out). It is a good-looking, well-thought-out place that is hard to fault.
“One of Manningham’s best-kept secrets – a true family home to accommodate the active family with a low-maintenance lifestyle. you can feel the luxury as soon as you walk through.” Stasi Adgemis – agent