- All of the 2017 Good Design of the Year Awards winners
- Groundhog granola no more when you reach Higher Ground
- Melbourne’s stunning residential architecture showcased in this year’s Houses Awards
As unique as it is expertly designed, Smart Design Studio’s Indigo Slam project had the jury ‘unable to find fault’ with the home’s impeccable composition.
‘This project is a private residence, but also hosts events for the client’s art gallery, celebrating unconventional domesticity through dual functionality,’ says the jury.
2017 Australian Interior Design Awards winners:
Premier Award for Australian Interior Design
Interior Design Impact Awards
- Woods Bagot for Paramount by The Office Space, NSW
- Museums Victoria Design Studio for First Peoples, VIC
Sustainability Advancement Award
Emerging Interior Design Practice Award
Residential Design Award
Residential Decoration Award
Hospitality Design Award
Retail Design Award
Public Design Award
Workplace Design Awards
Installation Design Award
- Victoria – Eugene Cheah Architecture for Henry Street House
- Queensland – Chloe Naughton for Inverdon House
- New South Wales – Smart Design Studio for Indigo Slam
- Victoria – DesignOffice for Higher Ground
- South Australia – Genesin Studio for Antica Pizzeria e Cucina
- Queensland – BVN for UQ Forgan Smith West Wing Refurbishment
- Western Australia – Peter Hunt Daryl Jackson (Joint Venture) Architects (PHDJ) for Supreme Court of Western Australia
- New South Wales – Archer Office for The EDG Forum
- Tasmania – Liminal Spaces for University of Tasmania Executive Workplace Renewal
Best International Design Award
Australian Interior Design Awards are delivered through a partnership between the Design Institute of Australia and Architecture Media’s Artichoke magazine.
The 14th annual Australian Interior Design Awards were presented at a gala celebration in Melbourne on Friday, June 9, attended by more than 500 interior design and architecture practitioners and professionals.