“THE WEEKLY REVIEW” PROMOTIONS
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, individuals must visit www.theweeklyreview.com.au, follow the prompts to the competition entry page, input all of the requested details including a correct answer to the promotional question featured in the issue of The Weekly Review magazine and submit the fully completed entry form during the entry period for that question (as specified in the issue of The Weekly Review magazine.
Each promotion will be conducted between the dates specified in the promotional issues of The Weekly Review magazine and may feature multiple promotional questions over a number of weeks. Entries for each promotional question will be open for one week, from 9am on Monday until 11.59pm on the following Sunday during the dates specified in the corresponding issue of The Weekly review magazine. All times are AEST/AEDST (as applicable for the relevant week).
There is a strict limit of one (1) entry per person per promotional question.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. 1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in any promotion run under these Terms and Conditions is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. 2. Entry is only open to residents of Victoria, unless otherwise indicated in the relevant issue of The Weekly Review magazine advertising the prize(s).
1. 3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
1. 4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
1. 5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
1. 6. Incomplete, indecipherable or incorrect entries will be deemed invalid.
1. 7. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
1. 8. Each promotion starts and finishes on the times and dates advertised in the relevant issue of The Weekly Review magazine Entries for each promotional question will be open each week from 9am on Monday until 11.59pm on the following Sunday during the dates specified in the relevant issues of The Weekly Review magazine.
1. 9. There is a strict limit of one (1) entry per person per promotional question. Each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
1. 10. A draw will take place at The Weekly Review, 113-115 York St, South Melbourne VIC 3205 at the time and on the date specified in each promotional issue of The Weekly Review magazine.
1. 11. All winners will be notified in writing. Winner(s) will be published in The Weekly Review on the date specified in the corresponding issue of The Weekly Review magazine.
1. 12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. 13. The number of prizes available, the nature of the prize(s) and their individual value will be advertised in the eligible issues of The Weekly Review magazine.
1. 14. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
1. 15. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
1. 16. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless indicated otherwise.
1. 17. All prizes are subject to any terms and conditions of the prize issuer/supplier.
1. 18. If the prize is a voucher, gift card or a cinema ticket, any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the voucher, gift card or a cinema ticket are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher, gift card or a cinema ticket will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher, gift card or cinema ticket will be subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher, gift card or cinema ticket.
1. 19. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
1. 20. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
1. 21. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
1. 22. If necessary, a draw for any unclaimed prize(s) will take place no earlier than one (1) month after the original draw, unless otherwise indicated in the issue of The Weekly Review advertising the prize(s), at the same time and place as the original draw. Winner(s) of prizes valued at over $250 will be published in the first issue of The Weekly Review published after the unclaimed prize draw is conducted.
1. 23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
1. 24. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and his/her companion/s, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
1. 25. If a promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
1. 26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
1. 27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of or
use of a prize.
1. 28. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
1. 29. The Promoter is Metro Media Publishing Pty Ltd (ABN: 29 141 396 741) of 113-115 York St, South Melbourne, Vic, 3205.